virt-manager: nc.openbsd command is not found problem in Archlinux

virt-manager is a common tool on Gnome desktop for manager virtual machine include KVM and Xen. When I try to connect to VM server host, if server is Ubuntu 10.04, there is no problem to connect to. If server is Fedora 14, I always got a error message "nc.openbsd: command is not found".

In Ubuntu, I found that nc and nc.openbsd are both exists. But if you use ls -lh to look at /bin/nc. You would find out /bin/nc is a symbolic that point to /etc/alternatives/nc. And /etc/alternatives/nc was pointed to /bin/nc.openbsd.

The situation is reverse in Fedora. I just can found out /usr/bin/nc, and I can't found out any relative packages about nc.openbsd in yum repositories. So, I try to use nc as nc.openbsd:
~# alternatives --install /usr/bin/nc.openbsd nc.openbsd /usr/bin/nc 0
Finally, it's works, virt-manager can connect to Fedora VM host. But, I still don't know why virt-manager on Archlinux client will go to require server need to have nc.openbsd command, but it not on Ubuntu client.

留言

熱門文章